Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saturday Fun

Shaved Ice
Singing Songs

Watermelon seed spitting contest



The Flower Girl

Coloring

SO we get a little bored during the days without a car and we can only swim for so many hours in a day, so every Saturday afternoon we have been going a 'Kids Club" that is an outreach program sponsored by a church right outside of our apartments. The first time we went the kids were REALLY shy, but after we left they wouldn't stop talking about how fun it was. Now it is a weekly event. This week was a watermelon party. They had a watermelon seed spitting contest, shaved ice, face painting, balloons, a coloring contest and a raffle (which Emma won). They sang songs about Jesus and played the ukelele. I have made pretty good friends with one of the ladies that helps coordinate everything. She and I were busy talking when I looked up and saw Max, Emma, and some other kids kneeling around a table under one of the tents. I asked Nora what they were doing and she said they were receiving Jesus in their heart. Emma didn't quite understand. She said she he wouldn't fit in her heart (she is so literal). Everyone was so nice there. It's a really good thing for a lot of the kids in the apartment complex. Right after that we went to the baptism of a boy in my primary class. It was a good baptism.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Can I get an AMEN!??? We all need a little more Jesus in our hearts! Where do I sign up at? Thats neat the kids like it so much.