Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

The fourth is always one of our favorite holidays. This year was so much fun. We went to Maunalua Bay where there were lots of fun activities on the beach. We opted not to spend it with tourists at Waikiki. There was a great band playing Hawaiian music, free face painting and tattoos, and what is the fourth of July without some cotton candy? There were over 10,000 people there with unbelievable patriotism. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the fireworks above the ocean and among the palm trees. We all had a good time. On the way home, we had a history lesson about the Star Spangled Banner and the birth of our great nation. Happy Birthday America!

3 comments:

Nichole Rammell said...

Jen,
i got your blog from tiffany. every now and then i wonder how you are. anna asked the other day why she doesn't play with emma anymore. i told her she was a long ways away. we are just working on building our house. we've got a blog. check it out. nsrammellfamily.blogspot.com
i hope all is well. we need to keep in touch better. i know things get crazy.
nichole rammell

Julie said...

Hey Hey Hey,
it looks like you all are having too much fun. I told Jim today that I was jealous of your snorkling trip and was going to look up airplane tickets. He reminded me he doesn't have any vacation left. So I guess we will have to wait until next year to go to paradise.

Chatty Natty said...

I love the new background! I'm so glad that we can keep in touch better (because we've both been bad) and so jealous of where you are! Let us know where you go next year so we can plan a vaca...