Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Polynesian Cultural Center
Yesterday we went back to the Polynesian Cultural Center to see some more things. Last time we went was when Noelle and her family came to pick up Skylar (I will post that one later when I get all the pics together). It doesn't open until noon so Brent couldn't come with us this time. I packed the kids up and we made a day of it. It was a lot of fun. We visited almost all of the other islands. Max LOVED Tonga where he threw a spear (We returned there three times). He was really good at it. Emma's favorite was Samoa, where they climbed a coconut tree, cracked it open, shaved the meat of the coconut, and then milked it to get the coconut milk. Everything was neat. The kids fished, weaved crafts, danced (Emma got up on stage twice to dance), sang, got tattoos, learned how to make fire from two sticks, and tasted coconut bread. I am so glad we have annual passes because we want to go back again to see more and revisit a lot of the things we saw. We also watched a really cool movie about the Coral Reef at the IMAX theater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment