Thursday, August 28, 2008

BACK TO REALITY

My house is a wreck with 10 pieces of luggage halfway unpacked, I can't find the keys to the car that has been parked in the garage all summer, our grouchy neighbors are giving us grief about property lines, the washing machine is leaking water, and I was just assigned six more clients...WELCOME HOME. Above are some pictures from our last few days in Hawaii. Tuesday we went to the temple (thanks to Tanner for helping me work that out with my recommend being stolen and all). Brent and I took turns with the baby. I walked around the temple. Up behind the temple is a cemetery that was there before the Temple was built. There was a beautiful view from up there. Wednesday we went to Punchbowl. It was very interesting. We also managed to fit in Haunama Bay, Sharks Cove, and Waimea Bay one last time. The kids both jumped off the rock at Waimea. It was awesome. Sunday was the day we returned. We woke up super early and watched the sunrise from Makapuu Beach. I am SO glad we did because it was unbelievable!!! After that we went to church with our friends from the Super Kids Club at the First Assembly of God. Nick Vijicic spoke. He is a 25 year old man that was born without arms or legs. He is amazing. You should google him. His testimony is very inspiring. We love our friends there and will miss them very much. After that we went to our church. They sang Aloha Oe (Farewell to thee) to us in sacrament meeting. We will miss our friends there as well. It was a LONG day. We got home from church, packed, then headed to the airport for our 10:40 flight. I am happy to say I made it on the plane even though my ID was stolen. All I had to do was go through extra security while Max cried and cried because he was going to miss his dad. 12 very long hours later we were home! Brent got home yesterday and we are happy to have him here. Thanks to Dwight, Armi , Wade, and Angela for helping him get home. Our second van decided to break down a few hours before he was to get on the plane...so he was in quite a rush to get home. Call it Leavitt luck or the Kirkham Curse I don't know, but thanks to all of you that helped us all get home! We love and will miss you!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Welcome Home. I'm so glad your home I was literally lost without you. I can't believe your luck. Although I'd say luck was with ya in seeing sea turtles how cool is that. Your kids are so cute, and I love all the Hawaii pictures.