Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lucky Number SEVEN!

(Emma talking to grandma on her birthday)

You help your family out with chores, sing songs, and play games outdoors.
You draw fun pictures for the fridge and grow each day (well just a smidge),
You run and jump and dance and twirl. You're our amazing super girl!!










Emma is sporting her new hula outfit that River and Riley gave to her. Riley even brought his bunny to the celebration!



Well, it's official, Emma is seven, and she declares this her "best birthday ever!" We just partied all day long! First we got up early and went to the Honolulu Zoo as a family. (Emma actually wanted to go swimming with sharks, but we decided this was more family friendly.) After the zoo, we came home and made her cake. She said she wanted a Hawaiian cake and asked me to make a pineapple (flavored and shaped) cake. It actually turned out really yummy! We had friends over for cake and ice cream, and then we did it all over again with dad, the crew, and Uncle Ryan and family. Emma is SO BIG!! She is just growing up mentally and physically. I love the way she mothers and organizes all the kids in our apartments. She was trying to tell the boy that lives downstairs that it is not okay to litter. When he told her he didn't know what littering was she was appalled. Today we watched a six month old baby and his three year old brother. She made a bottle for the baby and lunch for the three year old and Max. Lunch was served on a cookie sheet. It was a cheese, peanut butter, and jelly sandwich (her secret recipe), yogurt, extra sliced cheese, and cookies for dessert (Emma NEVER forgets dessert!). On her birthday she had Parish, the 7 year-old boy that lives below us, and Max perform a dance she choreographed to a song she wrote. It was super cute and if I could figure out how to post it I would. We love you Sister SUE!!! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Nichole Rammell said...

I can't believe she is seven. She looked so big in that first picture! Your cake looked great!

Wende said...

Happy Birthday Emma, you beautiful girl! maybe one of these years you guys could be here for Max & Emma's Birthdays? I'm still waiting for the full story on the Costco event! Love ya!

Wende said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! Isabelle was sad she missed your birthday, she wanted to call you, but her mom messed up. Sorry. Hope your day was great.

Lindsay Mama to Nine said...

EMMA!!!
We love you!!!
Happy Birthday Sweet Beautiful girl!!!

We posted Gabrielle's b-day pics today too.

She sure misses you and talks about you all of the time!

Jen I can't believe how fast our girls have grown up!!!

It looks like you guys are having a BLAST!

Love you guys!!!

Lindsay, Trevor and the tribe :0)

Nate and Camille said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Emma! I can't believe that she is 7 already. Sure looks like you guys are have a great time.

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Hey Miss Emma! Holy Cow SEVEN??? yikes this means we are all getting old Jen! I wish I could have been there for your birthday! I hope you saved me some of that yummy cake! Well I have something for your Ipod for your birthday when you get back so be sure to ask me for it! Love you guys a lot! Tiff