What a crazy week!! We had the police at our apartment on two separate occasions to file two separate police reports. First, my wallet was stolen and the creep that stole it apparently decided he would declare free gas day for himself, his family, friends, and pretty much anyone with a vehicle!! We had well over $1000 fraudulent charges on our cards...all gas stations and McDonald's. Then, my phone stopped working. I could power it on and that was all. I spent last Saturday and Sunday watching texts come in, but I could't read them. It was SO frustrating. I have a new phone now, but I don't know anyones number so feel free to give me a call sometime so I can program you in!! Tuesday was spent watching my poor Max puke all day. He never had a fever so it must have been some sort of food poisoning. Wednesday night I woke up at 2:00 FREEZING, and Hawaii is not anywhere near cold in August. I had Mastitis for the third time...second time in Hawaii. Then our gate key and parking pass were stolen out of our van. Good thing it's a gated community....(all that means is someone will try to steal your pass and key so they can get in and park there too- kind of defeats the purpose). Of course in order to get a new card and pass without paying the $150 fee, we had to file a police report. Friday I went to the pool. We were kind of in a hurry to get there. I greased up the keikis with sunblock, but somehow managed to forget to put any on myself. SO, I am officially FRIED! I was so proud of the fact that I haven't been burned all summer, and here I sit, my last week to enjoy the sun in Hawaii, and I have the worst burn I have probably ever had! Wait, it gets better... Then Saturday I got a call from my bank stating one of my other accounts was overdrawn $200. The greedy gas guzzling giant strikes again with a card I had forgotten even existed...So, I get to file my third police report in Hawaii. SO, we decided to have some fun to celebrate the end of this horrible week!!!!
We started by visiting the Birthing Stones. This is the place where ancient Hawaiian royalty were born. The mother would give birth while all the chiefs watched. After the child was born, the men would take him away and raise him. This was done to protect the babies from the enemy who sought to kill them. It is hidden in the middle of a pineapple field. It was really interesting.
Next, we went to the Dole Plantation. For those of you who have not been there yet, this is the BIGGEST tourist trap in all of Oahu!! This was our third time there. We told the kids we would take them back to conquer the World's Largest Maze (well technically it isn't the largest anymore, but it was in 2001). It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes, but we did it!
After that we went to Haleiwa and had some food at Haleiwa Joe's. We figured we should probably eat somewhere local before we leave the island. It has been my personal mission since we got here to see a sea turtle. Emma and Brent saw one at Ko'Olina, but I was busy with the boys. So, we have been stopping every so often at a small beach nicknamed turtle beach because there are supposed to be lots of honus there. We hadn't seen any up until this trip! I counted 12 and they were HUGE. There were four up on the beach at one point. The bigger turtles stroll up on the beach and bask in the sun for hours at a time. One even swam up and touched Max! There was a turtle, Honey Girl that was murdered at this beach July 19th so now it is heavily monitored by volunteers. One of the volunteers said that the heaviest turtle that lives there is 250lbs. She also said that there are 23 turtles that are regulars at this beach. It is against the law to touch, feed, or even change the path of one of the sea turtles. They are so beautiful. It was great!
Then, we were off to Three Tables. This is one of our favorite beaches. It has really good snorkeling and nice waters for the kids to swim. After this beach, we went to Sunset Beach and watched the sunset. It was a beautiful end to a great day! I'm pretty sure I won't ever be ready to come home. I love it here! We have done SO many amazing things. Enjoy the photos!
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys had a great day!! (which you deserve after everything that has happened). I'm so jealous of the experience you guys are having in Hawaii. Your kids are so LUCKY!! Anyway, just thought I'd let you know--Jody (4kids), me (3), Jared (single living and teaching high school in Las Vegas), Eric (2kids), Kyle (2kids) and Shawn just married last August. I'm with you--it's crazy how fast time flies.
Post a Comment