1 9 yr-old girl + 1 American Girl Place Chicago + 4 hours = 1 VERY happy birthday girl and 1 very broke mama!
Emma's birthday celebration started at 5am. I woke her and told her we were catching a train to town (Chicago). Grandma and Grandpa sent Julie, her American Girl doll, from Idaho. Emma was so happy to see her. I told her we had an appointment at 8:00am at the American Girl Hair Salon to do Julie's hair. She was SO excited!
After the Hair Salon appt, the doors to the American Girl Place opened. WOW...This place was amazing!! Emma begged and begged for a new doll. I told her she could spend her birthday money and some of her money from her bank account on a new doll. This brought tears to her eyes. I asked her if she was okay and she said, "Yes, I'm just so happy!" SO that did it for me...We went a shoppin'.
Emma's new doll, took a trip to the salon for an ear piercing...
And then we shopped some more.... a matching outfit for Emma and the doll and a carrying case for both dolls.
Even the bathroom was fun. What a fun place to spend her birthday! I have a feeling she will remember this day for many years to come!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday beautiful girl!!! What a FUN birthday!! When will you guys be back from Chicago??
Ah, Emma I am so glad you got to have a great Birthday! Congrats on the new addition to your collection! Love and miss you guys, come home already!!!!!!
Happy birthday emma I miss you sooooooooooooooooooo much! it is so cool you got to go to the american girl doll store! can't wait to see your new doll! Isabelle
What a fun birthday. Glad it was one to remember.
Post a Comment