Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer time

WELL... it's summer time again.  This means that I have made it through the last two months again without a husband.  It also means I survived the flight with six kids, six backpacks, one carryon suitcase, two dolls, and a ukulele.  We have unpacked, stored the freezer with meals for the next month, and are doing our best to get familiar with our new surroundings.  This year we are in Pennsylvania.  It is beautiful here.  Reed has loved every single second of it here.  His excitement is contagious.  After we got off the plane and could instantly feel the humidity, he said, "Pennsylvania smells AWESOME!"  As soon as we got off of the plane, met up with dad, and loaded into our new-to-us minivan, we were off to see some sights in DC.  
BEFORE (the flight)
                                              AFTER (Lyza is conked out in the back seat)













Since we have arrived, there have been thunderstorms every evening.  We were lucky enough to avoid most of it last night when we were at the carnival that was literally across the street from our apartment.  It was great because apparently WE (kids+me+cousin Emily) were some of the few that decided to brave the weather (and the tornado watch).  This meant 0 crowds and 0 wait for the rides.  The kids loved every minute of it.  I'm getting old.  I was only able to ride two of the big kid rides before I almost lost my dinner and called it a night.




We've managed to pack our days full of fun.  Today we visited the pool.  It is huge.  The kids all had a great time.  We had lots of help at the pool.  The girls "swam" with Emma and their new friend Bri.  Max spent time with his bestest cousin Tyler, and the other big boys.  Dad worked with Reed on swimming, and I did my best to help a very sleepy Eden think the pool was a fun place.

On the way into Walmart today, we had our first encounter with an Amish horse and buggy.  Reed thought it was pretty mean of them to use horses as cars.  We had a quick history lesson on the way into Walmart.  :)




In other news...Max lost a very bloody tooth yesterday morning while playing basketball..


 That'll do it for now.  Thanks for joining us :)

No comments: