Sunday, July 10, 2011

HELLO OHIO


Well it was quite the day, but after a two hour flight, a three hour layover, and a 3hr 45min flight...we MADE IT!!! I was probably the worst traveler of the bunch. I'm not very patient when it comes to traveling. The kids were great. A flight attendant even told me at one point (on the 3hr 45 min flight) how impressed she was with the kids' manners...that made my trip. We left at 8:30am and arrived here in lovely Dayton, Ohio at 2:30am.




Notice Number Three with his hands in the air. He did this every time we took off, experienced turbulence, and landed as if we were on a ride at Disneyland. Pretty cute.


1:00am at the Columbus Airport waiting for dad to bring pick the van around to pick us up. We checked nine pieces of luggage. We carried on 4 pack backs, a computer back, a diaper bag, and Samantha and Kaiya (Emma's American Girl dolls), and a small suitcase... oh...and two 19 month olds.


Since we've been here, we've made friends with the ducks, the birds, and a chipmunk. They know we will feed them at least 4 times a day. Although, they have figured out if they run away and hide from Number Three, he eventually will go back inside and then they can come back when it is safe and eat the very large pieces of bread that he has thrown out for them. The babies just run around, pick the bread up off the ground, and eat it themselves.

I managed to take all five kids swimming Friday, and it actually went rather well. Forgive me for not having any pictures to post...I had my hands pretty full. The verdict: Lyza loves the water...Kate...not so much.

The kids have also enjoyed watching and even catching fireflies once the sun goes down. Max is the champion at that. We have been playing lots of card games and making up a lot of our own fun here in the apartment. (the van isn't registered so I haven't wanted to go many places without plates.)

4 comments:

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Oh how I miss you and your cute kiddos! It looks like they are already having a ton of fun. Cant wait for you to come back. Love you guys!

Hayley said...

Shoot! I have a lot more clothes & swimsuits for those littles!!! :) I have been meaning to get them to you-now I will wait til you get home! Those girls are getting so big! It is sooo much fun when they are walking and being "big!" Love your family!!!

Chatty Natty said...

Wow, u r brave! Maybe u will blog more now? Enjoy!

doni said...

What a trip. I am actually flying to the same airport in a couple of weeks to see my sister in Lancaster. Hope you have a great time.