Monday, July 18, 2011

LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE



We woke up Sunday morning and decided to make the 4 hour trip to the Kirtland Temple. We are SO glad we did. It was very interesting and a great learning experience for all of us. It was well worth the drive.

The kids were so excited to be able to see and go inside the first temple.

After visiting the temple, we went to Historic Kirtland and saw a few things there.

We (and when I say we, I'm including poor Nate and Ashley) definitely had to wrestle 1 and 3 year olds more that usual Sundays. They all like to climb and touch the things they aren't supposed to much more than they should. I wonder how far in the future a true Sunday "day of rest" will be. For now I will do my best to laugh and enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Kirtland Ohio is my very favorite place in Ohio! When Blake and I went there it was amazing and my favorite was the Newel K. Whitney Store and the amazing spirit that dwells there in the upstairs where Joseph Smith lived and where the second school of the prophets was held and Christ appeared. Pretty amazing stuff. Glad you all got to go.