Is it seriously July? CRAZY. I just wanted to catch up with a few fun things we've done this year.
JANUARY
We went to visit Uncle Erin's family. It was more fun than we could have imagined. The kids had a great time. In fact, the other day (before we found out about the twins) I was telling the kids to think about a fun place they wanted to visit in the fall. (I was thinking Disneyland, New York, etc... ) Max immediately said he wanted to go see uncle Erin again, and Emma quickly agreed.
Uncle Erin took great care of Emma and filled a couple teeth. Definatly the BEST dental experience she has had! Thanks Uncle Erin!
Emily, Leann, and Ashley let Emma do their makeup and hair
(Emma was in heaven)
We watched Jacob wrestle, and when he came home he showed Max a few moves.
FEBRUARY
Since we are always gone in the summer for Emma's birthday, and she hasn't had a party with her friends for years, told her we could have a Valentines tea party for her friends. She had lots of fun planning the menu, games and decorations. Max dressed up and was the butler and greeted everyone at the door. We served heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches, fruit snacks, baby carrots with ranch, grapes, and, of course, pink punch. We served everything on crystal. After tea, we played games. Emma had a good time hosting.
MARCH
MARCH
For Spring Break, we went to Salt Lake City with Dan, Johanna and family. We went to the children's museum and temple square. We also had a cousin camp and had Grant and Isabelle spend the night. While they were there, Emma decided she wanted her ears pierced and Isabelle, Koy, and Cameron came to support her. Emma also decided she wanted a hair cut. She had 7 inches cut! She is such a big girl now.
APRIL
Baby Reed turned ONE. I can't believe how time flies. Reed has been such a blessing to us. I love to watch him sleep and kiss his sweet cheeks. He loves to follow the cat around, say "mow", and try to lay on her (his way of showing her he loves her). He learned how to say stop "dop", don't, and no. Isn't it lovely to have older siblings? He loves his big brother and sister. He cant wait for them to come home from school. For his birthday we had a few family and friends over for cake and ice cream. He loves the Baby Einstein DVD Aunt Kris and Grandma Elouise gave him when he was born so we made a caterpillar cake for him. It was super cute. I used suckers for the lets and antennas. We gave him the head. He grabbed a sucker for each hand and didn't even care to try the cake. ISN'T HE CUTE!!!!
Brent left to work in Hawaii on his birthday, April 14th. We all missed him very much. A couple weeks after he left we found out about the babies. We couldn't stop grinning. I was pretty sick and it wasn't easy to be on my own for 2 months, but it was so amazing how many people were there to help us. We didn't tell people about the babies until right before we left for Hawaii (mid June), but we had SO many blessings. I have a true testimony that God watches over us and takes care of us through the hands of others.
MAY

(yes we took turns pushing the babies in the stroller)
We were busy with end of the year EVERYTHING. I also did a 5k with Johanna. My knee gave me problems so I probably skipped more than I ran. It was fun to do, but the pain in my knee afterward was horrible. I went to the ortho surgeon who did surgery on my knee after my accident and he gave me some exercises to do in hopes that it will improve. Funny that my knee rarely hurts when I run on a treadmill, do spinning classes, or aerobics. It is just when I run outside that it gets me. The kids also ran in a small race. It was really hard for both of them, but they both say they want to do it again.
Fhew... thanks for bearing with me through that.
No comments:
Post a Comment