Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our new tradition










We are pretty busy around here trying to get all of our HAVE TOs out of the way so we can enjoy the Christmas season. We are having lots of fun already. Emma will be in performing in the Nutcracker again this year and she is pretty excited. When she was younger, I would take her every year and last year she was able to perform (which she thoroughly enjoys). This year she will be a cherub. Max also likes to go to the ballet. He knows the whole story line almost better than I do. This year, thanks to an invitation from our friends, we decided to do things the old fashioned way...we bundled up, and set out to chop down our very own hand picked Christmas tree. We had no idea how long it would take...let's just say the pickin's were pretty slim. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Max loved helping dad cut the tree to size! Even Reed did well (until dad decided he might like to try some Tai food...but that's another story). So it's not the best looking of trees, but the kids think it is the best tree ever! I think we have started ourselves a new tradition. Thanks to the Crapos for the invite!!

3 comments:

Nichole Rammell said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I use to love going and getting a real tree in the forest with my family. We have a fake one, not quite as festive.

herbie said...

I love the tree--I remember doing that when we were in Idaho. We always underestimated the size of the tree and ended up cutting several feet off before it would fit in the door. They always looked so small out in the wilderness!! We'll be in Idaho after Christmas, so hopefully we'll be able to get together.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Joanna said...

i am so jealous you got to pick your own tree.. maybe someday.
hey will you send your address to me? send it to joatoy@hotmail.com
thanks!