Sunday, January 17, 2010

TWO CUTE

Here's our sweet baby girls!!


Kate Judy
5lbs 10 oz
18inches


Lyza Grace
5lbs 2oz
17 3/4inches

I have been trying to get this posted for over two months now, but someone always needs to be fed or changed. :) Kate and Lyza (officially named by Emma) were born 11-30-09 at 1:09 and 1:12 am. It was an adventurous night that I would not have changed for anything. I felt some discomfort consistently 4 minutes apart about 3 times. I knew that I was already a 6 and 100% and knew from a VERY fast labor with Max that I shouldn't wait around. So, we called Uncle Dean to sit with the kids until Grandma Kirkham could get here from Blackfoot. As soon as Dean arrived, we were off to Idaho Falls. By the time we were on the freeway, I felt a lot of pressure and started to get very nervous. We put our hazard lights on and went 90 mph all the way to Idaho Falls. At one point we even considered stopping at BMH because I was afraid we wouldn't make it. We arrived in IF to Uncle Glenn (AKA Dr. Leavitt) waiting with a wheelchair outside the Dr. entrance to the hospital. I hopped in the chair and he wheeled me in while Brent parked the car. The nurses game me an IV while Glenn used and US machine to see if both heads were down. They were. I got an intrathecal. Glenn checked and I was dilated to a 10. He said to wait a couple of minutes for the intrathecal to kick in. Three minutes later Lyza was born. Three minutes after that Kate was born. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The girls were taken to the NICU where each one had three nurses working on them, and the Neonatologist was there to check them out as well. Thanks to Glenn we were in good hands! Kate was in the NICU for 5 days, and Lyza had to stay 12 days. That was the hardest part. I hated not having them with me every second, but we are making up for that now!

We are in heaven with these sweet little angels! I am constantly looking at them in disbelieve...there are two of them. Everyone asks if they are identical. We don't know. They look a lot alike and chances are they are. Kate has consistently been about 6 ounces heavier so she looks a little chubbier and is definitely longer. Things are definitely a lot different in our home. It has not been easy, by any means, but we are loving life with our newest additions. Everyone seems to have adjusted rather well. It took Reed longer than the others, of course, but he is sure surviving. The babies are now almost 8lbs. They are smiling and cooing and being all sorts of cute!! It only gets better from here! We have amazing family and friends that have helped us get through these first couple of months. Thanks to all of you for your help!


3 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations! How fun to have those sweet babies, and what an exciting delivery! We are happy for you guys!

Hayley said...

Yes, they are definately identical! :) They are soooo beautiful and I want to come hold them again and love on them! How are you holding up now?? CALL ME!!! :)

Caren Smith said...

That is an absolutely amazing delivery of twins. Congratulations!!